Want to be part of powering the emerging electric aviation revolution? Lectratek, a leader in electric power management and electronics for commercial electric aircraft, is seeking a candidate with 1-5 years’ experience in electrical/power systems background to join our electric aviation startup company.
TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER
Seeking a Technical Sales Engineer with 1-5 years’ experience in electrical/power systems background to join our electric aviation startup company.
Want to be part of powering the emerging electric aviation revolution? This is a unique role, with the opportunity to do both “real” technical engineering, working with our sister organization CRG (crgrp.com), a 26-year old aerospace & defense company, as well as to experience the pace and excitement of a startup environment and direct customer interaction. You will act as the bridge between R&D and business development. The business requires you be comfortable with a relatively unstructured and fast-paced environment.
This role will report to the Lectratek Venture Leader, but we operate as a team, and this role will have a voice in direction setting and decision making. Every day, you will have a real direct impact on growing our business – there are no “cogs” in Lectratek. Travel to customers and conferences will be required. This role has potential for a hybrid work environment.
The sky is the limit for the right person in this role. Lectratek is a young company created by Rushlight Ventures, and it’s already experiencing market traction that can help accelerate careers.
- Exclusive US citizenship
- BS in engineering or equivalent from an accredited university required
- Minimum 1-5 years industry in electrical engineering, electronic power, powertrains, power management, and/or electronic aviation experience preferred
- Ability to perform in the fast-paced, unstructured environment in a rapidly growing start-up
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to apply a get-it-done and get-it-done-right mindset coupled with attention to detail
- Adaptability to changing needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
1) Technical Sales Support (about 50% of the job)
- In collaboration with business development, call on customers to understand their pain points and where Lectratek can add value
- Develop technical sales-type relationships with new customers
- Interpret customer’s unique electric powertrain needs
- Support/coordinate creation of customer quotes, and help close the deal
- Regularly communicate order status and updates to the customer
- Provide post-sale customer technical support
- Manage orders from PO acceptance through delivery – this will include both internal production operations as well as supplier operations
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise in the production process
- Coordinate suppliers and Lectratek technical team (keep everybody on the same page)
- Manage schedule and budget to assure on-time delivery
- Develop a deep understanding of Lectratek’s value proposition, product offerings and technical capabilities
- Work closely with R&D center personnel to determine customized solutions to meet customer needs
- Pull together customized sets of customer solutions
- Hands-on development work in electronics, battery production, motor controller programming (so that you understand how the products come together)
2) Program/Project Management (about 25% of the job)
- Supplier coordination
- Management of schedule, budget, and product testing to ensure on-time customer deliverables
3) Engineering (about 25% of the job)
- This job involves “hardcore” engineering, working with R&D center technical personnel and/or third party providers to support specific design and development projects
- Health care plans (medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability)
- Retirement plan (401k)
- 5 weeks annual paid time off
- Annual company holidays, following the Federal holiday schedule
- Casual, flexible and hybrid work environment based on position responsibilities
- Fun company events
Who We Are:
Lectratek is a young and rapidly growing company that was created by Rushlight Ventures based on technology from CRG. Lectratek powers eAviation – we don’t build electric aircraft, we make them fly! With our product portfolio and our customer base both growing quickly, we are focused on supporting electric aircraft OEMS and first-tier suppliers as they work to de-carbonize aviation by filling the skies with novel electric aircraft. Our technologies in electronics, batteries and propulsion have clear advantages for reducing weight, extending range, increasing payload and improving systems. Headquartered in southwest Ohio, Lectratek is a small team doing big things and blazing new trails.