Want to be part of powering the emerging electric aviation revolution? Lectratek, a leader in electric power management and electronics for commercial electric aircraft, is seeking a candidate with 1-5 years’ experience in electrical/power systems background to join our electric aviation startup company.
The Product Engineer will take a leading role with Lectratek’s product portfolio. That portfolio includes high-voltage power distribution and management, motors and motor controllers, and battery cells/packs/enclosures for electric aircraft, including large, sophisticated drones and passenger vehicles.
This career is a unique opportunity both to do “real” technical engineering, working with our sister organization CRG (www.CRGrp.com), a 25-year old aerospace and defense company, and to experience the pace and excitement of a start-up environment and direct customer interaction. The winning candidate will act as the bridge between R&D and business development.
The Product Engineer will report to the Lectratek Venture Leader, but the company operates as a team, and this role will have a voice in direction setting and decision making. Each day the Product Engineer will have a direct impact on growing our business – there are no “cogs” in Lectratek. Travel to customers and conferences will be required. This role has potential for a hybrid work environment.
Bad puns aside, the sky is the limit for the right person in this role. Lectratek is a young company created by Rushlight Ventures, and it’s already experiencing market traction that can help accelerate careers.
- Exclusive US citizenship
- BS in engineering or equivalent from an accredited university
- Minimum 1-5 years experience in electrical engineering, electronic power, powertrains, power management, and/or electronic aviation experience is preferred
- Ability to perform in the fast-paced, unstructured environment in a rapidly growing start-up
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to apply a get-it-done and get-it-done-right mindset coupled with attention to detail
- Adaptability to changing needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
1) Technical Sales Support (about 50% of the job)
- In collaboration with business development, call on customers to understand their pain points and where Lectratek can add value
- Develop technical sales-type relationships with new customers
- Interpret customers’ unique electric powertrain needs
- Support/coordinate creation of customer quotes, and help close deals
- Regularly communicate order status and updates to the customer
- Provide post-sale customer technical support
2) Program/Project Management (about 25% of the job)
- Manage orders from PO acceptance through delivery – this will include both internal production operations as well as supplier operations
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise in the production process
- Coordinate suppliers and the Lectratek technical team and keep everybody on the same page
- Manage schedule and budget to ensure on-time delivery
3) Engineering (about 25% of the job)
- Develop a deep understanding of Lectratek’s value proposition, product offerings and technical capabilities
- Work closely with CRG’s R&D center personnel to determine customized solutions to meet customer needs
- Pull together customized sets of customer solutions
- Work hands-on to develop electronics, battery production and motor controller programming to gain an understanding of how the products come together
- Health care plans (medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability)
- Retirement plan (401k)
- 5 weeks annual paid time off
- Annual company holidays, following the Federal holiday schedule
- Casual, flexible and hybrid work environment based on position responsibilities
- Fun company events
Who We Are:
Lectratek is a young and rapidly growing company that was created by Rushlight Ventures based on technology from CRG. Lectratek powers eAviation – we don’t build electric aircraft, we make them fly! With our product portfolio and our customer base both growing quickly, we are focused on supporting electric aircraft OEMS and first-tier suppliers as they work to de-carbonize aviation by filling the skies with novel electric aircraft. Our technologies in electronics, batteries and propulsion have clear advantages for reducing weight, extending range, increasing payload and improving systems. Headquartered in southwest Ohio, Lectratek is a small team doing big things and blazing new trails.
Lectratek is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.